5 Towns Sales & Lettings Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Summary of how we use your data
5 Towns Sales & Lettings Limited uses your personal data to deliver services to you, to send you details on properties which you have requested, to conduct searches about your identity, your current and past residency and your Right to Rent in the UK. We will source a third-party company to carry out a credit check, obtain landlord and employments references to meet applicable laws and to provide a recommendation to landlords on your suitability as a tenant.
Where 5 Towns Sales & Lettings Limited obtain your consent for direct marketing purposes, you can withdraw this consent at anytime.
Why we are giving you this notice
We are required by Data Protection law to give you this notice. We must be open with you about why information is collected about you and then what is done with it. We must act fairly in relation to this information.
What Information do we collect?
5 Towns Sales & Lettings Limited will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in application forms, forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise (which will usually include, name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, credit history, previous addresses and identification).
Information we collect about you from visiting our website. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
* Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; and
* Information about your visit.
What information do we receive from third parties?
In certain circumstances 5 Towns Sales & Lettings Limited receive information about you from third parties, these include:
* Social Media Companies including Facebook, Google, Twitter when you interact with the company through these platforms;
* Previous of current landlord for purposes of referencing;
* Enquiries through property platforms for example Rightmove when you request details of a property we have advertised;
* Information from a guarantor where this is a guarantor for a tenancy or from a joint tenant;
* Public bodies such as local authorities, police or other law enforcement agencies;
* Utility companies or other services providers;
* Financial advisors, mortgage brokers, lenders and solicitors/conveyancing agents through transactions relating to our services.
How do we use this information?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
* To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
* To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, where prior verbal consent has been obtained;
* Where consent is given to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you;
* To notify you about changes to our service;
* Under Right to Rent regulations we are required to check your immigration status before we rent a property to you;
* Under Money Laundering regulations when selling or purchasing a property we are required to take copies of your photographic ID and confirm your postal address.
Information we collect about you from visiting our website. We will use this information:
* To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
* To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
* To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
* To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
* As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
* To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
* To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Who do we share your data with?
* Independent mortgage brokers and financial advisors at prior verbal consent from yourself;
* Solicitors and conveyancing agents;
* Other named parties to a signed contract, such as your landlord or tenant;
* Third party contractors to carry our maintenance and repairs to the property;
* Surveying companies for the sales/purchase of the property;
* Utility companies;
* Referencing companies to obtain credit checks, previous address history, employment and landlord references;
* Insurance companies where you have consented to be contacted about services they offer;
* Tracing companies should there be any default in respect of the terms in the tenancy agreement, the information contained therein may be disclosed to tracing companies or debt collection agencies in order to recover funds due or to trace you;
* Where written consent is given third party companies to assist new tenants with the home move process, this includes registering tenancies with utility companies and offering utility and media deals;
* Any future owners of the property should it be sold during a tenancy;
* Tenancy deposit schemes protecting any tenancy deposits which have been paid.
Personal data may also be shared with government authorities and law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Where we store your personal data
5 Towns Sales & Lettings Limited have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
All our information is stored securely electronically on servers or devices. Certain information is also retained on a secure basis in hard copy format which is locked away in secure cabinets.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long will we store your data for?
5 Towns Sales & Lettings Limited will store your data for 7 years from your last interaction with us where we use your personal data in connection with performing a contract. Where personal data is used for marketing purposes via consent, we will store your data until you ask us to stop, we will also keep a record of you asking us not to send you direct marketing.
If your tenancy application does not go ahead then we will store your data for 1 year from your last interaction with us.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to using your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right by writing to our Executive Manager, 5 Towns Sales & Lettings Limited, Freemans House, 8 Liquorice Way, Pontefract, WF8 1DR.
UK Data Protection law also gives you the right to access your personal information, to object to the use of your personal information for certain purposes, and the right to erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information. You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us at the address above.
We will comply with the law in responding to your requests. That means that there may be some legal reasons why we cannot comply with all requests.
We hope that we will be able to answer any questions or concerns that you have. You have the right at any time to raise your concern with the Information Commissioner’s Office at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF